Support the MSV
You do so much when you make a gift to the MSV Fund
Give to the MSV Fund
The MSV Fund supports community events, gallery exhibitions, MSV educational programs, the maintenance of The Trails at the MSV, and the care of the Glen Burnie Gardens.
Thanks to donations to the MSV Fund, last year:
- 8,431 people of all ages participated in MSV educational programs
- 223,979 people engaged with the MSV virtually
- 9.3 million wildflower seeds were spread
The MSV receives no government financial support for its daily operations. Please help make the MSV a place of hope and belonging in this community.
For information, please contact Senior Director of Institutional Advancement Sherry Hudson at email@example.com or 540-662-1473, ext. 211.
Give a Little, Do a Lot
The most convenient way to support the MSV is by joining the Monthly Giving Program. Members of this special group give to the MSV automatically on a monthly or quarterly basis.
It’s affordable and easy, and it will make an impact!
- A recurring $10 monthly gift provides a free gallery program for individuals suffering from memory loss and their care partners,
- $20 monthly gift gives hundreds of children free hands-on art activities at the MSV,
- $50 monthly donation plants more than 1,000 spring-flowering bulbs in the gardens, and
- $250 a month will sponsor a summer of free programming at the MSV for children from the Kids Club of Northern Shenandoah Valley. Monthly giving is affordable, easy, and makes an impact!
One Membership, 1000+ Museums
Be a Donor Member
When you give $500 or more to the MSV, you’re automatically enrolled as Donor Member. Your gift provides vital support to MSV exhibitions, educational programming, garden maintenance, community events, and the operation of The Trails at the MSV.
As a Donor Member you will enjoy all MSV membership benefits, and—exclusive to Donor Members—you will receive free admission to more than 1,000 institutions via the North American Reciprocal Museum Association (NARM) and much more:
- Free admission to over 300 gardens through the American Horticultural Society’s Reciprocal Admissions Program,
- Free one-year membership to the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts (VMFA) in Richmond.
- Free year-round general admission to the MSV,
- Free or reduced admission to MSV events and programs,
- Subscription to Compass Points mailed bi-annually,
- Invitations to exhibition previews,
- 10% discount in the MSV Museum Store and 20% admission discount to the MSV Makerspace Studio,
- 4 One-time use MSV admission passes for guests,
- Benefits for two named adults and children (under age 18),
- Recognition in the MSV Annual Report and additional benefits.
For questions please contact MSV Senior Director, Institutional Advancement, Sherry Hudson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-662-1473, ext. 211.
Together we can preserve, protect, and grow the MSV Collections for future generations.
I Want to Join the Gaunt Collectors Society
The Gaunt Collectors Society offers opportunities to collectors and others with interest in and passion for expanding the MSV Collection. The Society supports the Collection through a dynamic series of social, educational, and philanthropic activities within the MSV and throughout the Shenandoah Valley.
Members of the Gaunt Collectors Society make annual gifts of $1,200 or more for new acquisitions, conservation, and preservation of the MSV’s expanding Collection of exceptional Shenandoah Valley objects. Members of this MSV affinity society play a critical role in advancing the Museum’s mission to preserve and enrich the cultural life and heritage of the Shenandoah Valley.
For more information, please contact MSV Senior Director, Institutional Advancement Sherry Hudson at email@example.com or 540-662-1473, ext. 211.
Your generosity helps provide for the future of the MSV
The Irene S. Wischer Society honors the generosity of donors who have designated an estate gift for the MSV. By including the MSV in your estate plans, you are also helping to secure the MSV’s future as the state’s largest art park and the region’s largest cultural community center.
Estate gifts can be a tax-wise way to give. There are several options for creating a planned gift in your estate, among them:
These gifts should be considered within the full framework of your estate, with the guidance of an attorney or tax advisor.
Estate and Planned Giving Contact
Sherry Hudson, Senior Director, Institutional Advancement
540-662-1473, ext. 211
Double your support of the MSV
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match charitable contributions or volunteer hours made by their employees at no additional cost to you.
To find out if your employer is a participant in the matching gifts program, use the search box below to find your employer’s instructions and forms to set up your matching gift.
Welcome to the Art of Business
This exciting time in the MSV’s history offers opportunities for corporate partners to help us strengthen the diverse community in which we serve. Your support helps the MSV to fulfill it mission to provide art, education, and community programs for generations to come.
In appreciation, we offer exclusive benefits, including complimentary general admission, networking opportunities with fellow business leaders and museum leadership and staff, client and employee entertaining discounts, and much more.
We thank our partners and friends for their leadership and extraordinary commitment:
The Museum of the Shenandoah Valley reports on and celebrates the financial standings of our exhibitions and Collections, educational programming, and general operation activities. The release of the annual report provides information on the fiscal year, July 1 through June 30 and is available for download below, along with the 990 IRS filing and Financial Report. The Museum of the Shenandoah Valley is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
Annual Report (PDF)
FY 2020 Financial Report (PDF)
FY 2020 Form 990 (PDF)