Experience more of what you love
I Want to Join the MSV
As an MSV member, be the first to see new exhibitions, enjoy free or exclusive discounts on lectures, workshops and concerts, and so much more. Plus, visit the MSV as often as you like for a full year with free admission.
More than a great deal
As a member, you are also helping to preserve and protect over 15,000 objects in the MSV’s collection, maintain care for the Glen Burnie Gardens and The Trails at the MSV, and connect our diverse community through the MSV in innovative adult and children’s programming. You are an essential part of the MSV.
One Membership, 1000+ Museums
Be a Donor Member
When you give $500 or more to the MSV, you’re automatically enrolled as Donor Member. Your gift provides vital support to MSV exhibitions, educational programming, garden maintenance, community events, and the operation of The Trails at the MSV.
As a Donor Member you will enjoy all MSV membership benefits, and—exclusive to Donor Members—you will receive free admission to more than 1,000 institutions via the North American Reciprocal Museum Association (NARM) and much more:
- Free admission to over 300 gardens through the American Horticultural Society’s Reciprocal Admissions Program,
- Free one-year membership to the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts (VMFA) in Richmond.
- Free year-round general admission to the MSV,
- Free or reduced admission to MSV events and programs,
- Subscription to Compass Points mailed bi-annually,
- Invitations to exhibition previews,
- 10% discount in the MSV Museum Store and 20% admission discount to the MSV Makerspace Studio,
- 4 One-time use MSV admission passes for guests,
- Benefits for two named adults and children (under age 18),
- Recognition in the MSV Annual Report and additional benefits.
For questions please contact MSV Senior Director, Institutional Advancement, Sherry Hudson at email@example.com or 540-662-1473, ext. 211.
Share what you love about the MSV
Buy a Gift of Membership
Are you searching to find the perfect gift? Give someone special an MSV Membership where they can expand their mind, explore new spaces, and connect with others.
A membership to the MSV is gives yearlong access to special exhibitions, benefits, and so much more!
Questions on your Membership?
Please contact the Membership Department at Membership@theMSV.org for any MSV Membership inquiries, or call 540-662-1473, ext. 235.
Information for Donors
The Museum of the Shenandoah Valley reports on and celebrates the financial standings of our exhibitions and Collections, educational programming, and general operation activities. The release of the annual report provides information on the fiscal year, July 1 through June 30 and is available for download below, along with the 990 IRS filing and Financial Report. The Museum of the Shenandoah Valley is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
Annual Report (PDF)
FY 2020 Form 990 (PDF)
FY 2020 Financial Report (PDF)