See an exhibition of larger-than-life origami sculptures, listen to live music, explore a bamboo grove, enjoy dinner outside, and watch a chainsaw sculptor create!
MSV at Night is a brand new after-hours experience. July’s event takes place in the seven-acre formal gardens and features:
- Live music from singer/songwriter Brennan Edwards (country/rock/Americana) from 5–5:45 p.m. and 6:30–7:15 p.m. Bring a chair/blanket to enjoy the show, Brennan Edwards will play on the lawn beside the Glen Burnie House.
- Roaming Bistro food truck
- A demonstration by Shenandoah Valley artist Glenn Richardson. Glenn is a sculptor who works with chainsaws (a carved bench by Glenn is in the formal gardens at the MSV and his gateway arch Oceans Beneath is on The Trails at the MSV).
- Wine & beer available for purchase.
- Special evening access to ORIGAMI IN THE GARDEN, an exhibition of metal origami sculptures in the MSV gardens that also includes a display of paper origami models in the Drawing Room of the Glen Burnie House, and a Pop-Up Shop.
Bring a date, a group of friends, or the family to MSV at Night!
Admission is free to MSV members and ages 4 & under; all others: $15, $10 youth (13-18)/senior (60+), and $5 ages 5–12. Registration not required/pay at the gate. Cash bar; food available for purchase. Rain/shine. Galleries not open.
UPDATE 7/20: Micah Howard is under the weather and unable to play; but the good news is that country singer/songwriter Brennan Edwards is stepping in to bring great music to the MSV this Friday.