Experience the MSV and ORIGAMI IN THE GARDEN after hours! This special night at the MSV features evening access to the formal gardens and the galleries, live music, and the opportunity to see two new Art in the Halls exhibitions and meet the artists behind them. A brand new after-hours experience, MSV at Night includes:
- Live music from “Appalachian Folk Queen” Sally Mae Foster (country/rock/Americana) from 5–5:45 p.m. and 6:30–7:15 p.m. An indie artist with lots of heart shares a live performance that has been described as soulful and mesmerizing. Strong imagery, biting wit and charming sentimentality will keep you listening. The music will take place outside on the patio beside the galleries building reception hall. Bring a chair/blanket to enjoy the show.
- Origami artist Arlene Butler. Arlene will discuss her 1,000 Cranes for Peace project, sharing the story of her journey that began with a single origami crane and culminated with a pilgrimage spanning several continents and thousands of transformed pieces of paper. Hear about the project’s inception at Ground Zero and see its culmination in a video display on view in her MSV Art in the Halls display. Arlene will have origami cranes to give to visitors.
- Textile Artist Norma Fredrickson. To complement her Art in the Halls display, Norma will have additional works to share and will discuss the composition and texture of her vibrant and powerful works of art. She will also demonstrate the process of “machine couching” on a sewing machine, a technique that features prominently in her work.
- 3Fires Oven serving artisanal pizza baked in a wood-burning oven
- Wine & beer available for purchase.
- Special evening access to ORIGAMI IN THE GARDEN, an exhibition of metal origami sculptures in the MSV gardens that also includes a display of paper origami models in the Drawing Room of the Glen Burnie House, and a Pop-Up Shop.
Bring a date, a group of friends, or the family to MSV at Night!
Admission is free to MSV members and ages 4 & under; all others: $15, $10 youth (13-18)/senior (60+), and $5 ages 5–12. Registration not required/pay at the gate. Cash bar; food available for purchase. Galleries and gardens will be open. Rain/shine. Get discount tickets online.