The Museum of the Shenandoah Valley offers diverse and unique career opportunities ranging from support or professional, seasonal or year-round, and part-time or full-time. While some departments and positions require highly specialized education and experience, others seek individuals with more broad-based or skills-related backgrounds. An equal opportunity employer, the MSV offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits program. Thank you for your interest in employment at the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
The Museum of the Shenandoah Valley has an exciting opportunity for a Registrar/Collections Manager to serve as an essential member of the MSV’s Arts & Education team. The Registrar/Collections Manager manages and supervises the care and use of the collections and exhibitions at the MSV by ensuring proper storage, handling, conservation, documentation, and record management. The Registrar/Collections Manager will work closely with the Director of Exhibitions, Curator of Collections and Deputy Director of Arts & Education to accomplish goals.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
• BA in history, art, liberal arts, museum studies, or a related technical field, and at least two years of commensurate experience in collections care or museum work (Master’s Degree in Museum Studies preferred)
• Knowledge of current registration and collections management best practices, procedures, and operations
• Knowledge of environmental monitoring and related procedures
• Museum collections care and conservation knowledge and experience
• Art handling skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to interact effectively with diverse personalities and the public
• Ability to work successfully as part of a team; excellent interpersonal skills; creativity, energy, and enthusiasm
• Demonstrated computer skills, including PastPerfect database management as well as Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and attend to multiple assignments simultaneously
• Ability to work flexible hours and days, under time pressures and as a team player
• Ability to climb ladders and lift 50 lbs; strength and mobility are requisites of this position
The MSV offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance; paid vacation, sick and holidays; retirement plan and more.
To apply please send cover letter, resume, references and salary requirements to [email protected]. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Resumes will be accepted through January 18, 2019.
We are always on the lookout for dynamic individuals who want to share their knowledge and love of learning with visitors and to be part of the MSV team. We invite you to explore our many volunteer opportunities and to discover the right one for you. Please visit our Volunteer page for more information!
The Museum of the Shenandoah Valley requires selected candidates to be subjected to an investigative background report. The MSV is an at-will employer.